Thursday, June 15, 2006

Adventure Races...

It has been some good months since I update my blog. Life has been pretty good, I can’t complain about my new job at the “Nazi” Company. 99% of the colleagues are helpful and friendly, I hope I can know the shy 1% later.

I have been busy with issues after the Rinjani trip. After Indonesia, I helped Joanne with the organization of Ace Adventure Race III, Dusk to Dawn. I am not sure if this is the first adventure race conduct after the night fall, but it is definitely one of the most interesting races Joanne planned.

The race was initiated months before the commencement. However, the some issues were overlooked during planning phase. Water festival at Marina is a great boost for publicity. However, good publicity also work against the planning.

Singapore is indeed a well-organized country. I never know one has to go through some many departments before initiating the race. If an adventure involve public road, Traffic police must know. If the racers bypass a park, NPark must be informed. State owned land would be Singapore Land Authority Department, the railing along the road belong to LTA and there are many other departments taking care of the water, grass, stone and sand on the little island.

I was in charge of a little sector at Marina South. The racers would bypass Marina Park, soon to be Integrated Resort and Sheares Bridge. I enjoy helping Joanne for races as I got a good share of fun during the organization of the race.

Human like to have fun. I would prefer everyone around be can have fun with their daily task too. I always see everyday as a new personal challenge or new fun. During the organization of the race, I see the racers as customers. Not all customers are reasonable, there bound to be a few ignorance customers. It is much up to the management of the race to educate and retain these people.

I would say Ace Adventure Challenge III is not a well-execute race. Unlike AAC I or II, I see a different hiccups. It is very difficult for top person in an organization to micro manage his or her staff. Like and UN-like many "Private Limited", funding is and is NOT always the main issue. The management needs to be skilled with some outdoor activities. No organizations can get the dedicated and proficient people with money alone. There need to be more dynamics like inter-relationship of a management to make the organization a better one. It is important to have everyone valued. An uneasy task….

I would be going for an adventure race at Malaysia with Karen and Ivy on the coming weekend... I am very green with such race. There is too much room for improvements, my team and me would need more training sessions should we attempt another race.

1 Comments:

Blogger Believe said...

Yo.

So we should be glad that we can roam around spore freely during non-race times :)

Its good that you are having fun everyday. Must learn from your positive attitude :) Take care

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home